Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Monday, October 14, 2013

Hallows Everyday 14



The Samhain Vow

On the Wheel of the Year now does Winter begin;
The world is austere and we all turn within.
I vow now to face the shadows I find
and work to unlace all their powers to bind.
I vow to invoke my ancestors' relief,
and release in the smoke all my fear and my grief.
This task do I claim as I mark this Samhain,
and swear by the flame behind Jack's cheery grin.

Make this vow before a Jack-O-Lantern you have carved and placed a candle in.
Burn some cinnamon and clove incense. After making the vow, feast upon some
roasted pumpkin seeds and spiced pumpkin cream tea, being sure to offer some to the spirits.

Pumpkin Cream Tea

3 cups of strong spiced tea
(I use decaf Constant Comment - choose what you prefer)
1/2 cup of pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cloves
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Half-and-Half (or more to taste)
(substitute almond milk if you are dairy free)
sweetener to taste
Whipped cream

Brew the tea and set aside. In a small pot, combine the pumpkin, spices, vanilla, and
half-and-half. If you prefer, add some sweetener to taste, such as honey, maple syrup, or 
molasses. I prefer mine without sweetener. Warm the mixture until just at a simmer; do not boil. Remove from the heat and add the brewed tea, whipping to combine. Warm if necessary. Serve immediately with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon. This is very yummy!

Blessings nine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment