Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

To Call A Lover

"Eve"
Lucien Lévy-Dhurmer (French 1865 - 1953)


I love to collect spells, analyze them, adapt them. While not really one to encourage manipulative love magick - why would you want someone who doesn't want you without being forced? - I always find these types of spells interesting. They also inspire the kind of love magick that is beneficial, calling the right person for you.

I work in a metaphysical store and have access to many books, some of which come in on consignment. The book, "A Year In The Life Of A Faery Witch," just came in, so I was browsing through it. Interesting little read. Included was the following spell. 

To Call A Lover

When the moon is waxing, in Taurus or Libra, take three pinches
of Dragons' Blood and drop them on either burning coals or a charcoal,
calling your lover's name each time. He or she should appear within 24 hours.

from "A Year In The Life Of A Faery Witch"
by Sage Weston, Capall Bann Books, 2002

Yes, you could call back a lover you have had a disagreement with, you could also change this around and call the perfect lover for you, listing the qualities you desire in a man. 

I've seen many similar spells. Do they work? My husband will tell you, after almost 37 years of marriage, that I bewitched him and continue to do so? Did I? I'm not telling.

Blessings nine!   

No comments:

Post a Comment