Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Friday, October 6, 2023

Hallows Everyday 6


Although I honor my Ancestors daily and feel them with me, at this time of year the feeling is so much stronger. Nothing gets by them and I better be doing my work. They will get after me!

I like to choose a colored candle, a little beer, and make at least one family recipe per week in their honor. I light the candle, have a sip or two of the beer, and just sit and remember… the good memories… holidays, barbecues in the back yard, I just let those memories come to me. And it is good, this remembering.

However you choose to celebrate Hallows/Samhain, spend some time with them, those you loved most. And remember, not all Ancestors are of our blood. Many special people are part of this remembering. 

In remembrance!


No comments:

Post a Comment