Art: The Shepherdess by Baraka Berger
Mary of Magdala, I remember You.
As I remember You, I honor You,
As I honor You, I invite You to join me here
In my sacred place.
Please share Your wisdom and blessings
As I travel new roads in my journey.
Hail Magdalene, Heroine among women.
This year I remember Mary Magdalene and honor Her with ritual on my own, no coven, just me in a new place, and on a new journey. It has been a tough ride, and an exciting one too. While I mourn my old life, my old path, I am traveling a new one, incorporating a mystical, feminist Judaic way as part of my journey. I am still Her priestess, Hecate, the Great Mother, the Great Goddesses, the Shekhinah, just adding this new dimension.
As a non-Jew married to a Jewish man for forty-six years, I have helped my husband celebrate his spiritual life, celebrating the holidays, observing Shabbat and lighting the candles for many years. I recently underwent conversion for very personal reasons and because we have become more observant. This observance has helped me through some difficult life changes. It is simply another branch of my spiritual life that has given me great healing. Very conservative and Orthodox Jews will not understand this, but as always, I go on my way.
Mary Magdalene has long been a guiding light for me, a strong Jewish woman. She navigated change, loss, and making a new way. She has always brought comfort over many years, but more so this year. So, again, as in past years, I take time to remember and honor Her, taking strength in this connection I have to Her.
I call to You, Magdalene, Holy Vessel, Wise Teacher,
She who holds the red egg and the alabaster jar.
She who was and remains a great teacher.
She who witnessed a great mystery.
She who had the strength of faith beyond others.
She who bravely stood up for Her beliefs.
She who was blessed with wisdom from Spirit.
She who heals the spirit of all who ask.
She who washes away my sorrows.
She who anoints me with her blessings.
She who is with me and gives guidance and love.
She who is with me whenever I have need.
I honor You, Magdalene, Shining Light of Love.
Mary, called Magdalene,
You who are faith, healing, and wisdom,
You who are Beloved of Yeshua.
I humbly come before you searching.
I ask for your eyes that I may see,
Your ears that I may hear,
Your wisdom that I may know,
Your heart that I may love,
Your feet that I may walk the pathways of truth,
Your hands that I may serve.
Grant me this request, Lady Magdalene.
Let me be like you,
that I may become fully self-actualized,
Realizing the fulfillment of my Soul’s purpose in this life:
To know love.
To be love.
To serve on behalf of love;
And if it be ordained as such,
That I serve this love, as you did,
In the company of my own Beloved,
be this partner or Higher Self.
I ask this in your name.
So may it be.
C 2017 E A Kaufman,
Adapted from Prayer to the Magdalene by Lauri Ann Lumli
The Divine Feminine Oracle by Meggan Watterson


No comments:
Post a Comment