Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Four Am and I am wide awake!!!! Why, you may ask? Because I was so tired so early and went to sleep instead of trying to stay awake until a reasonable bed time. It was a trying day though, a roller set, a man's haircut and a haircut on long hair at school. Now, yesterday when I was cutting, I snipped my finger - my index finger. OK, not too bad, everyone cuts themselves and I just offer it as a blood sacrifice, LOL. But today!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I snipped the tip of my middle finger right off. One of the teachers startled me as I was cutting and ..... ouch! Bled like crazy and the weird thing is, the client was the daughter of yesterday's client. They must think I'm an idiot. Oh well.
Moving right along, I have a lovely four day weekend ahead of me, which I plan to enjoy fully by relaxing, stitching, reading and relaxing. I'm not even cooking Thanksgiving dinner, we are joining relatives. The only cooking-oriented mission is the Christmas pudding which I always make on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. It is steamed in the mold, cooled, wrapped and doused with rum every Sunday until Christmas Eve. We have a gathering of Jews and Pagans on Christmas Eve - a wild time I assure you!

So back to Thanksgiving, the ultimate time of year to be grateful. Actually, I am grateful every day for my wonderful life, but today I try to make it a little special and make sure everyone knows how much they mean to me. I will light a candle and say a special blessing for all the treasures in my life. Here are a few things:

I am grateful for my family and friends who love me and keep me going through life, happily and enthusiastically, even when I am a curmudgeon.
I am grateful for the freedom to follow my spiritual path openly and without fear.
I am grateful for all I have materially, Toadstool Condo, my books, my plants, my crystals & stones, my wonderful comfy chair, everything that makes my home a sanctuary.
I am grateful for my mother, who, among other things, instilled a love of reading in me at an early age - it has brought the universe to my doorstep.
I am grateful for nimble fingers that can stitch, paint, write and play music, among other things.
I am grateful for my little cat, Stirling B, a wise little kittle who gives love and joy everyday.
I am grateful for my husband, who loves and supports me in all I do, who thinks, in fact, that I am the most wonderful person he has ever met!

The list could go on and on and on - I have so much in my life, but suffice to say, I am grateful for every fabulous day and all the blessings that have been and continue to be bestowed upon me.

May your Thanksgiving bring you joy! Blessings nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment