Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Monday!

Another beautiful week begins and I am busy at Toadstool Condo. Intense studying for my state board, finally. I sent my paperwork to the state in June, went off to care for my mother, no word. When I got back last week I called - oh, I was approved for my exam on June 28. Why didn't they notify me? Oh, the testing center does that, but sometimes they don't. *%&#? And how was I to know this? Well, anyway, that's the way it is and so I move on from here. Since I will have to go back to my mother's next week for her surgery, I have scheduled my exam for early September.

In any event, it is a lovely day. I sit with a cup of tea contemplating what else to do today, a little stitching, a little reading and how about sharing a spell? Some Monday magick!


Spell of the Sea Shell
Author Unknown

To perform this spell,  find a suitable sea shell in shallow water or use one you have had in your possession for some time. Take the shell, wash and dry it thoroughly. Draw a symbol of your desire upon the surface of the shell or write your desire or wish upon it. This must be done with something that will easily wash off in water. No Sharpies - they are permanent, but a water color pen would work perfectly.

Place the shell upon the shore (the sea shore is best, but any body of water large enough to have natural tides will do), so that the Tide will bring waves across the shell. The symbol or words written upon the shell must be facing upwards (toward the Moon). Be sure to note the phase of the Moon (waxing moon for the gain of something, waning for the dissolving of something). When the shell is in place, draw a triangle in the ground/sand, enclosing the shell completely.

Chant the following while looking up at the moon:

Goddess of Moon, Earth, and the Sea,
My wish in Thy name now comes to be.
Powers and Forces which Tides do make,
Now summon Thy waves, my spell to take.

The spell is finished. Walk away from the shell and do not look back. Once the waves come, then your wish will be taken out to the Old Ones. 

Blessings nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment