Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Friday, March 11, 2011

New Jane Eyre Film!

The new Jane Eyre film opens today! I can't wait to see it. I've been watching clips and reading reviews, opinions, etc. - it looks wonderful to me. Of course my favorite Rochester is Ciaran Hinds. He replaced Timothy Dalton, from the  1980s Masterpiece Theatre version, in my affections - OK, well, not replaced, Dalton was a fabulous Rochester, but Hinds, well, there is just something more Rochester about him! Of course I liked the Masterpiece 2006 version too - Toby Stephens was very good, although he seemed too young and handsome to be Rochester and Ruth Wilson was an excellent Jane - a very favorite Jane. Still, Ciaran Hinds is my all time favorite Rochester - a perfect Rochester if ever there is one. As you can see, I'm much more concerned with Rochester than Jane, LOL!

Enjoy the clip - don't forget to turn off my play list at the bottom of the blog!




Also watch  more clips here:  http://www.focusfeatures.com/jane_eyre/videos/

Blessing! nine!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on my blog.. I have not yet had time to work out the history of the lace.. but just beautiful all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of the book and have enjoyed the various adaptations. Looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on Jane Eyre -- will watch Netflix to see when they have it on their site -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know this was coming out -- thanks!

    ReplyDelete