Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finishing the Truth & Misc. Musings

Time to finish up my Thirty Days of Truth and it has been thoughtful, helpful and interesting.


24. Make a playlist to someone and explain why you chose those songs.


For my husband Mike, over thirty years and still going, happy, strong, romantic. He makes my life really good.


1.   Hold Me, Thrill Me Kiss Me - Mel Carter - the first time we listened to this together we did this (to us) comedic little thing where we looked at each other with smoldering gaze, held out our arms and ran across the room, embraced & kissed. We still do this - even in the car - minus running across the room.


2.   Forever My Love - Carly Simon - our wedding song and I've played and sung it many times for him because it's true.


3.   Nobody Does It Better - Carly Simon - I sang in a band in my salad days and sang this song, my husband loved to hear me sing it. We saw the James Bond movie together too. There are other reasons, but I won't go into details; suffice to say, nobody ever did or does it better for me!


4.   You're My First, Last, My Everything - Barry White - because he is!


5.   Longer - Dan Fogelberg - another one I sang for him, one of those songs for us.


6.   Bolero - Ravel - remember the movie 10, didn't we all listen to Bolero and make love? We wore out our record. Enough said. 


25. The reason you believe you're still alive today. 


Because I'm supposed to be; I've got things to do - lots of things.


26.  Have you ever thought about giving up on life?


Yes, but when it came down to it, I love life and can always find something wonderful that keeps me going - even if it is something as simple as the rustling of leaves in the trees. There's always something to live for.


27.  What's the best thing you've got going for you right now?


My optimism - I may get angry or temporarily discouraged, there may be difficulties, but I can always find the answer I need and I just keep on keeping on. I have this complete and utter belief that, no matter what, things will work out just fine, always.


28.  What would you do if you got pregnant?


KILL MYSELF!!!!!!!!! No, not really, but at 54 with a few health issues, let alone the fact that I do not at this time, nor have I in the past, want to be a mother. I use to think I was too selfish, I have always wanted to just do my own thing. I no longer think I was or am selfish - I think I knew my own mind, my own needs and desires; children just weren't on my list. Freedom - that was top of the list. I know there are many women who do not and cannot understand this, in fact I've known several women who destroyed their marriages in their quest to have a child. I never had that kind of need for motherhood and don't understand that overwhelming desire some have . I also have a large family and have friends who are parents - some are really great parents, all love their children, but most of the mothers I know are consumed by their motherhood. In fact, I have encountered women who actually look down at women who don't want to be mothers or feel sorry for those without children - which is annoying and stupid on their part. There is more to life than being a mother - one can nurture and mother on many levels. If I got pregnant now, there would certainly be a difficult decision to make and it wouldn't please many people, but I would take care of myself first.


29.  Something you hope to change about yourself.


I hope to always grow and change, but if I had to choose one thing? Well, I hope to learn to handle my reactiveness in more productive ways, not do away with it because, after all, it is what makes me so passionate. I could just manage better with a little less of it.


30.  A letter to yourself.


Dear Libby - Always remember you are surrounded by love, the love of good friends and family, guardians and guides, acquaintances and the Ladies. You are never alone, the trees and stones, the animals and  the Land itself, all are there beside you, touching you. Your heart is always filled with good so don't be so hard on yourself. Everyday is a good day - make the best of it... and that includes taking naps and reading all day if you want to. Do the things that please you, that make you happy, that make your heart sing. It's all good.


So that's that. I am really glad I did this. I want to thank everyone who commented, encouraged and shared their thoughts - I appreciate you all and your own journeys and shared wisdom added to mine.


* * * * * * * * * 
So... yesterday I worked at my friend's shop. Among the number of things I accomplished, such as bagging and pricing sage wands and dusting crystals, I sorted, weighed and priced quartz crystal. This was time consuming and very interesting!!! We had to weigh each one so it could be priced accordingly, but we also had to look closely at each. Just about all were double terminated, but many had other attributes, such as being soul mate crystals, inner child, ETs, incredible clarity or a world within - it was fascinating to look at them so closely, with a magnifier, to find all the treasures. What a way to spend the afternoon - and get paid for it! There was also magical advice to be dispensed, candles, herbs and stones to sell and the usual books to recommend. After closing the shop, we were off to dinner with the husbands, for chinese food. 

Today I will finish decorating the Toadstool for winter, try to work in some stitching and there are a few new books to look at. Also, as my darling dear is Jewish, I'm making latkes for supper. He loves them and eats a pile. I will NOT grate any part of myself while grating potatoes, NO, indeed not!!! We'll light our menorah and have a lovely evening, laying on the sofa, stuffed full of latkes, sour cream & apple sauce! Sunday, lovely Sunday!

Blessings nine! 
                                                              

5 comments:

  1. And... of course you did. :) Have a loverly evening anyhow. I loved reading your answers to these things. All of them! I wanted to comment on the mother thing, though.

    I always wanted to have a kid... but wasn't stressing over when. I had my daughter when I was 24, almost 16 years ago. I wouldn't trade her for anything, even though she lives far away from me and I don't get to see her (we talk a lot). I was never *consumed* by motherhood, though. I was often accused of being a 2nd or 3rd time mom because I was so casual in how I treated my girl. It's just how I think, though... I didn't see any reason to get all knotted up over it! :)

    That said, my sisterwife lived 16 years trying desperately to have a child. At age 40, she beat the odds and with just a little help managed to conceive twins. They just turned 5, and I love them to pieces. I am "mei mei" to them, a second mom and beloved family member. Sis is consumed with motherhood. :) I understand it from an outside perspective - she tried so hard, and finally got her dream. But emotionally? I don't get it. The kids love and respect me, come to me with boo boos and pictures, want me to read with them and have sleep overs with them... I'm not "mommy" but that's okay, I'm the other mom, and I'm content with that. :) But the kids mind me, and I'm the one that sees their room is clean and tends to their messes, disciplines them, and kisses their owies. It's... interesting.

    Casual mom I might be, but I love them and my daughter to pieces. They are the light that sometimes illuminates my dark places, and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how many mothers I know feel, they wouldn't trade their kids. I've just met many over the years who gave up so much - not that it's wrong, it was obviously right for them. For me, I didn't want that to happen. And, to be brutally honest, while I think little ones are adorable, I'm just not that fond of kids - I can take them or leave them. I don't think everything they do is wonderful or cute - but parents should. I require a great deal of alone time - mothers don't get that.
    As for you - you seem pretty laid back and easy going even when you say you are stressed. Kids sense that and are drawn to it - which is why they come to you - IMNSHO! My mother and sister have that - kids climb all over them, they are just leaning back drinking a cup of coffee like it's the most natural thing. I'd go out of my mind, LOL!
    Thanks for your feedback and wisdom Allyson, I appreciate it! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous way to spend the day. I love quartz and fluorite crystals.....so many nuances and messages. I have felt honored to be a reader of your truths. You are an amazing woman and I feel like I know you better now. Thanks for sharing. The Olde Bagg, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to say I just love your altar picture. It is so beautiful and joyfilled. TOB, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linda, I feel like I've found some new buddies!

    ReplyDelete