Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Truth - The Continuing Story!

Continuing on with my Thirty Days of Truth!


17. A book you've read that changed your view of something.


I thought this would be difficult, but then I remembered, I always refer and recommend this book so...
When God Was A Woman by Merlin Stone. It just opened the door for me regarding women's spirituality, what has been taken away and what we are taking back. I have practiced witchcraft for many years, but this book helped me find the priestess within. I remember feeling anger, sorrow, joy and hope while reading this book. It gave me the background to pursue the path I was meant to follow. The book made me a Dianic/Feminist, Goddess-worshiping witch. Every woman, Pagan or not, should read it. 


18. Your views on gay marriage.


Live and let live. There is just no reason to ban gay marriage. Keep your religion out of others' bedrooms, for goodness sake, mind your own business. The fact that some people find homosexuality offensive is fine, they are entitled to their opinion. What they are not entitled to is denying rights to others based on their religious views. We are a world filled with different beliefs, different people, get over it. 


19. What is your opinion of religion.


Religion has caused more horror in the world than anything else. It incites intolerance, hatred and even murder. Again, live and let live.


20. Your views on drugs and alcohol.


If people want to waste their lives getting drunk or high, what can I say? We will never stop it. An occasional drink is fine, but don't drive. Same for getting high - your desire to be out of touch with the real world doesn't give you the right to cause harm while you're doing it. Both can give pleasure and destroy lives, depending upon how they are used.


21. (Scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you got into a fight a couple of hours before. What do you do?


I'm there. Shit happens, people argue, fight, so what. 


22. Something you wish you hadn't done in your life.


This is something I just don't do. The past is done and can't be changed. Move on, learn from your mistakes. Everything I've done has given me something.


23. Something you wish you had done in your life.


Been more financially responsible when young, saved more. But again, I can't change the past, I CAN go on from here.


OK, that's enough of that. It's getting late and I am due at the shop tomorrow - there are spells kits to make, crystals to dust and enjoy and people to chat with.


Blessings nine!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Do you prefer to becalled Libby? Just saying a plain Hi doesn't seem friendly enough to me. Anyway, I really like your comment concerning #23. I learned the hard way, you can't change the past or for that matter anyone else. You can only change who you are. Know thyself is perhaps the greatest piece of wisdom ever spoken.
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, Libby or Lizz is what I go by. It took many years to get over the past and realize I was wasting a lot of energy and time worrying about it.
    XO

    ReplyDelete