Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Hallows Everyday 1


Well kick up your heels, October has arrived and the countdown to Hallows/Samhain begins in ernest. This year Hallows Everyday will be a hodgepodge of divination, spells, lore, recipes, poetry, devotional practices, and vintage images. I hope you enjoy it.

To begin, choose a candle of good size, better a pillar, and of a color related to the season. Cleanse in your usual manner, then dedicate for Hallows by saying this or anything else you choose:

This candle I dedicate to the Hallows Season.
Let its magick and light burn with purpose and reason.
To the Goddesses, Spirits, and Ancestors near me,
Let this candle light the way so I may see You clearly.
Brightness in darkness at this time is the way.
I make it so, and so I do say!

Each day of this month, light your candles for a bit, then either perform a devotional practice or divination while it burns.  Extinguish by snuffing or pinching out.

Blessings dark and deep!




No comments:

Post a Comment