Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Monday, October 26, 2015

Hallows Everyday 26

Hearth - Happiness in our hearts and homes,
The Halloween Oracle by Stacey DeMarco

The hearth was and still is the heart of the home. This is where the family gathers, where we are drawn to, even if it is the stove in the kitchen. Here is the place that offers us sustenance; we gather around the stove to see what's cooking or baking. Usually it gives a positive feeling. If one is actually lucky enough to have a real hearth, it too is a gathering place. We can't help but sit around or nearby, watching the dancing flames, taking in the aroma of the burning wood, feeling the warmth, listening to the crackle and pop as the fire burns.

For me, my hearth is a place for devotional work, a portal for my Ancestors, a true place of comfort. I live in a condo, Toadstool Condo, and my hearth is a ventless fireplace that uses a natural grain alcohol gel instead of wood which crackles and pops just like a real fire. It is SO soothing. My stove is also an altar, where I take care of my family and friends by preparing meals and goodies. But even if you can't have a real fireplace or a ventless one, a small chiminea, available in many home decor or garden stores, can be used with a candle - voila! Instant hearth. I had one before I purchased my ventless fireplace from Plow & Hearth. It changes the energy in the home, especially when you make it an area for devotions as well as comfort. Don't forget your stove, though, the modern hearth.

When the Hearth card presents itself in divination, we must look to home, family, and Ancestors. Are we remembering those who have passed with regular devotions? Do we need to more fully acknowledge relationships? Is there a conflict within the family that needs work and resolution? This is the time to build up the loving home fire. Even if you live alone, your Ancestors are there, you have relationships and family; take time to care for these. Family, which includes special friends, is a priority, make it so if you have been too busy lately. Nothing is more important than love and being with those we love and live with or spend time with. Remembering those loved ones who have passed is an important part of living, don't forget honoring them.

This card also tells us that our home and family is watched over, by the Goddesses of home, hearth, and family, as well as by our ancestors. Honor them all by making time for them, for saying "I love you" and "I'm grateful you are part of my life." We are protected.

Blessings dark and deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment