Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Hallows Everyday 11


The Crystal Gazer
Sarah Teasdale

I shall gather myself into myself again,

I shall take my scattered selves and make them one,

Fusing them into a polished crystal ball

Where I can see the moon and the flashing sun.
I shall sit like a sibyl, hour after hour intent,

Watching the future come and the present go,

And the little shifting pictures of people rushing

In restless self-importance to and fro.

Do you ever gaze into a crystal sphere or a bowl of inky water? I find scrying to be haphazard for me. Sometimes I get excellent results and others, nothing. It never discourages me, I justt know that for this particular issue, scrying will not give me the answer; I move on to another type of divination.

When I do scry, if with a crystal sphere, I cleanse it well with a damp cloth that has been dipped in a tea of sorts - water in which certain herbs have been steeped. I wipe it well, dry it, and ask its assistance. For scrying with a bowl of liquid, again, I use a tea made with various herbs that I have found to be helpful, as well as a bit of ink. Each seer must brew her own blend and it should not be shared.

The most important part of scrying is to be sure to cleanse your space well and make it sacred so only those you are willing to have in your space can come through. This is something I learned many, many years ago when I didn't do this - of course, I was very young and knew very little. It did cause some excitement and took a bit of work to clear up the mess!

At this time, when the realms are more open and communication between the living and the dead is easier to accomplish, remember to take good care.

Blessings dark and deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment