Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Hallows Everyday 24


I found this ritual in my BOS. I think I adapted it, but don't have an original source.

Hallows Ritual

You will need: Incense made of Frankincense and Myrrh or Lavender, Basil and Rosemary, 2 black candles, black altar cloth, bell, chalice of milk, dish of barley, 81 black beans for each participant, a bowl of spring water, and a towel.

Cast your circle. Light the candles and say:

"Blessed Be thou, creature of light"

Light the incense. Bless the barley. Say:

"I bless this grain in the names of Demeter and Kore."

Invoke the Goddesses going counterclockwise. Begin with the North:

"I call upon rich-haired Demeter, Mother of Harvest, 
Giver of Eternal Life. 
Bless me with your protection, Mother, 
and aid me in these rites."

Leave an offering of barley for Her. Move to the West. Say:

"I call upon Hekate, Witch-queen, 
She of the crossroads who walks with Death. 
Bless me with your protection, Mother, 
and aid me in these rites."

Leave an offering of barley for Her. Move to the South. Say:

"I call upon Vesta, sacred Hearth and Flame, 
Guardian Goddess of home and nations. 
Bless me with your protection, Mother, 
and aid me in these rites."

Leave an offering of barley for Her. Move to the East. Say:

"I call upon Isis, Black Madonna, 
compassionate Queen, 
whom our fore-mothers worshipped 
from Asia to the Atlantic. 
Bless me with your protection, Mother, 
and aid me in these rites."

Leave an offering of barley for Her. Return to the altar. Say:

"Hail Persephone! 
Queen of Earth and the underworld. 
In this fading time renew our 
hearts, and purify our homes."

Toss a handful of barley onto the altar, say:

"I offer this grain in thanksgiving to 
Persephone, Conductor of Souls. 
I ask you to lead my departed kindred 
into your realms of peace."

Lay your hands over the chalice of milk and bless it by saying:

"I bless this cup in the name of Persephone, 
Queen of the Dead. 
Shades of my ancestors, 
known and unknown, 
I offer this cup in thanks, 
for all your care, 
and all your gifts. 
Depart in peace to 
your abodes in the Earth, 
knowing that all is well."

Place your hands in the sign of the Yoni (a upside down triangle). Rinse your hands in the water 3 times in the water and dry. Take 9 beans into your mouth. Make the sign of the Yoni again, turn around counterclockwise, spit the beans out through the opening in your hands. This a symbolic rebirth for spirits. Say:

"These I send forth. 
With these beans, I redeem myself and mine."

Do this 9 times. When you have used all the beans, turn away from them and avert your eyes, giving the spirits a chance to pick them up. Keep still for the space of 13 heartbeats. Take up the bell and 
ring or strike it 9 times, say after each strike:

"Shades of my ancestors depart."

Then say:

"It is done! Blessed Be!"

Thank the Goddesses and open your circle. Bury the milk and candles. Walk away without looking back.

Blessings dark and deep!

No comments:

Post a Comment