Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Halloween Stitch!

A little stitch for Halloween - very cute, if I say so myself! The design is from the September/October 2010 issue of Just Cross Stitch, By the Full Moon designed by Tracy Horner of Ink Circles. I used DMC floss instead of the recommended Gentle Arts threads. Along with it are a few of the witches from my collection. The witch on the motorcycle is actually a salt and pepper shaker! The two on the opposite side are reproductions of vintage pieces, the witch on the pumpkin is a candy holder. Most of the witches are part of my every day decor and not just for Halloween. I like having them around and they are everywhere ;-).


Preparing for the big day, ritual at Rhiannon's with Raven and myself. It is also Rhiannon's birthday so we will have a little birthday celebration as well. Honoring the ancestors of both our blood and our path is an important part of our ritual, reconnecting with those who have moved on, sweet sadness and celebration.


I just finished making a huge bowl of guacamole as one of Mike's customers gave us a bucketful of Florida avocados from his trees. They are at just-perfect ripeness for eating, so the next few days will include plenty of salads with slices as well as the guac! Nutty, buttery, delicious! Tonight, turkey burgers with, yes you guessed it, guacamole!!! If you're in the area, do stop by for a snack - if you can get Mike to share - he's very greedy with my guacamole!


Alright, that's enough of that, the house needs tidying, there's stitching to do and I have a few potions to brew, so back to the cauldron!


Blessings nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment