Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Friday, August 19, 2016

30 Days of devotion - 19

Day 19 - What quality or qualities of this goddess do you most admire? And find the most troubling?

Forest Guardian by Alcove


I was initially drawn to Hekate by the inner work She seems to require from me. Although I knew it was time for that work, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. Somewhere inside, I knew it was going to be the work of my life. She is a hard mistress at times and yet can be nurturing, guiding gently. She can and does, many times, tear one apart and watch how one rebuilds. That rebuilding, difficult as it is, is the main quality that I admire. Hekate has made me what I am and continues guiding/shoving me on along my spiritual and magical path. Even during the most trying of times, I feel that what She does always has good reason and will make me wiser and a better priestess.

The harshness I sometimes experience with Hekate can be troubling, disrupting to my life, generally at an inconvenient time. Of course, I know there are good reasons for this, but it is difficult. As much as I am honored to be guided to that work, it can cause fear, drama, and other difficulties that those in my life, with the exception of a very few,  can understand.

Hekate is my Soteira,  my Phosphoros, my Propolos - Savior, Lightbringer, the One Who Leads me. She is Antaia, bringing those night visions that amaze and terrify. She is Enodia, presenting me with different paths to follow. She is Nykteria and Nyktipolis - She of the Night, Night Wanderer - leading, and sometimes dragging, me along. And so I go, I am Her's, there really is no choice.

Blessings Nine!


No comments:

Post a Comment