Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Thursday, August 25, 2016

30 Days of Devotion - 26

Day 26 -How has my relationship with Hekate changed over time?

Hecate's Dream by Emily Chaison

In the beginning of my relationship with Hekate, I was wary, afraid, unsure how I should honor Her, how often. I was like a child adopted by a stranger, not knowing who this was. I made mistakes and misinterpreted very clear messages. I followed the trends of the times about Her, seeing Her as a Crone, although that never felt right. There was no internet then and so I had difficulty pursuing my studies of Her, let alone connecting with others who were more familiar with Her.

Through the years, I have become settled, confident, and very much Her priestess. I know what is necessary in my devotional practices to Her and what, most of the time, She requires of me. I also have less tendency to fear those times when Hekate feels the need to shake up my world. As rough as it can sometimes be, I flow with it, picking myself up, dusting off, and moving on with my work.

I am comfortable with being Her priestess, Hekate is the most important being in my world; being claimed by Her, my most treasured accolade.

Blessings Nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment