Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Hag Stone Lore

I stumbled upon this blog post about hag stones. Interesting post so I thought I would share:

What is a Hag Stone?

A Hag Stone is simply a stone with a natural hole through it.  In folk magic systems, these are often believed to ward off the dead, curses, witches, sickness, and nightmares. They are also used as windows or doorways to see 'otherworlds', invisible spirits, or how a being 'really' looks beyond their glamour.


Blessings nine!

1 comment:

  1. I have been to a beach in Dorset and there are a lot of hag stones. I even found one with a heart shaped hole in it. I have large hag stones threaded through rope and hanging outside my garden door. Thank you for the link. Blessed be.

    ReplyDelete