Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Good-bye & Good Journey

A friend's mother, Ruth, passed away yesterday after a long illness. She was my first real customer at beauty school when I finally started working on clients. I remember how encouraging she was - I was very nervous - and she just told me to relax, I was doing a wonderful job, she was so encouraging and nurturing. I'm very sorry she had to leave. My friend, I know, is going through a difficult time, so I am thinking of her and her family too, sending them healing. As I sat meditating and sending healing earlier, a lovely vision came to me and I wrote the following, which I'd like to share.



Very slowly the walls disappeared, moonlight lit the room.
A forest appeared, surrounding the place she lay in.
Her bed became a bower of flowers, vines, sweet scented  herbs.
There came fairies and nymphs, priestesses of the Great Mother,
... they came and carried her away to another place,
the garden of renewal and rebirth. 
Now she rests for a bit, tended by the priestesses as she dreams,
all her memories of joy, all else forgotten.
The nymphs brings flowers to lay upon her as she rests.
Now and then, when she wakes, they feed her a brew of blessed herbs,
 preparing her for the next part of her journey.

copyright 2011 E A Kaufman

Rest well and be renewed Ruth, your adventure begins!

Blessings nine!


2 comments: