Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Snake Goddess a Mystery - Is It Demeter?


Two posts in one day, but it is a busy news day for those who are dedicated to the Goddesses. Here is an article about findings from 1932 and this unusual representation of a "snake goddess" which was not common to Athens. She may possibly, according to one researcher be Demeter and a votive offering. The article isn't very complete, but perhaps there is more information to be found if I have time to search. The idea of Demeter and snakes is not one I am familiar with. Considering my own practice, which includes the snake, and my dedication to Demeter, I have something interesting to look in to.

If anyone has any information about Demeter and snakes, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Blessings nine.


No comments:

Post a Comment