Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Monday, September 19, 2022

Thinking of the Crone

Good morning! I am awake early this morning and thinking about being a crone and the Divine Crone. When did this happen, that I have reached this age… and with so much to do still? Aging can be frightening, but more than that it is glorious. Personally, I have been able to let go of things that made me miserable but now I know were really not important. So I embrace my age and love this body and mind and soul - ah, there’s the one, my soul! I am aware of my inner self, my deep heart, my divine essence. I strongly feel and know them. That feels good and right so I better get busy with all those things I still have to do! First, some prayers, a candle and incense to light, my morning devotions, at this time of the year, honoring the Divine Crone.

Blessings dark and deep! 


Calling the Crone


Midnight Mother, Queen of Dreams,

Who in the dark of the moon beseems

The Lady of Phantoms and the Dead,

Dispenser of visions of love and dread.

Mistress of magic and arts arcane,

Lady of Karma who justice ordains,

Come to me now! Come to my call!

Queen of Darkness and Spirits all.

Weaver of the celestial web

and author of fortunes flow and ebb,

Bless me with magical power bright,

grant me the knowledge of spiritual things

and power that spiritual knowledge brings.

To work my will and make manifest,

all the things that my heart loves the best.

Great Crone, Grandmother of All That Is,

Now bless me moreover in more than this.

Share the wisdom of Your sacred heart

as well as the skill of Your magical art,

That I may be mindful in all that I do

and be wise in magical workings too.


(source unknown)


Owl Crone by Bernadette Wulf 


No comments:

Post a Comment