Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Festival of the Muses


Today is the Festival of the Muses, The Nine who are dear to those of a creative nature. I will make offerings and a libation to Them and have written the following hymn in Their honor. May They inspire us all!


A Hymn To the Muses 

Daughters of Mnemosyne, 
The Nine who inspire and empower creativity.
Beloved are You all, 
Calliope, Clio, Erato, 
Euterpe, Melpomene, Polyhymnia, 
Terpsechore, Thaleia and Urania.
You birth the thoughts that stir my soul,
You nourish my soul and kindle the flame within,
You tend the flame that brings my art.
You touch me and I forget that which is not needed.
Instead, I create, I dance, I sing, I remember, I laugh,
I see the stars and gain wisdom and contentment.  
You have given sacred and mystic rites.
With these, I make magic.
Do come, Lovely and Blessed Muses,
Kiss the brow of this Daughter of the Artes,
Bless the hand that holds needle and thread, pen and brush.
Bless the voice that sings and the hands that strum the strings,
Bless the breathe that carries wind through wood.  
Come to one who is Your initiate, O Goddesses, 
For Your brilliant light of inspiration draws and holds me.
My soul longs for the touch of The Nine.

copyright Elizabeth A Kaufman 2010

Blessings Nine!

No comments:

Post a Comment