Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Friday, October 3, 2014

Hallows Everyday - 3

Autumn woods, western North Carolina


Ashtree, ashtree, throw me if you please,
Throw me down a slender bunch of russet-gold keys.
I fear the gates of Fairyland all be shut fast
That nothing but your magic keys will ever take me past.
I'll tie them to my girdle and as I go along,
My heart will find comfort in the tinkle of their song.

(from "Alms For Autumn" by Rose Fyleman)

Devotional Activity: A Walking Meditation: Take a walk at twilight and collect three leaves from the ground. Feel their energy as you walk, breathe in the fresh air, breathe deeply into your belly. Let your senses open fully, especially your psychic senses. Take your time, let yourself become part of your surroundings. Can you feel the change of season, the settling of the land, plants, trees? Connect with that energy and allow it to flow through your body. After a while, when you have fully sensed that settling, ground the energy into the earth and return home. Take a sewing needle and some red thread, stitch the leaves together and hang on your altar or shrine to keep a bit of that settling energy in your home. These are your keys to the season. Burn the leaves at the Winter Solstice.

Blessings dark and deep!

(Photo and A Walking Meditation copyright 2014 E A Kaufman)



3 comments:

  1. Can I do that in spring too or is it for autumn time only..?
    We having spring here ,,
    Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cucki - this would be fine for any season - even winter, one could use sprigs of evergreen . Happy Spring and you are most welcome! XO

    ReplyDelete