Webs of Woven Words, Threads, Stitches and Enchantments

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Hallows Everyday - 30

Well, here we are on the 30th. The month has gone by quickly, just too fast for me. Even so, I have this tremendous feeling of wonderful things to come. All this energy of releasing that has reared up throughout the month, there was a reason for that, I feel it very strongly. I am tossing off the feelings and issues that have held me back, I truly feel that I am beginning an important new cycle. And it feels very good this morning, a real shift.

Over the past few days, I have felt like I've been getting my butt kicked energetically with all the devotional practices, the divination. So much thought and contemplation this year about Hallows Everyday, it was a real spiritual work-out, so to speak. But today, I've awakened with a sense of joy, an excitement, and a very strong feeling, as mentioned, that something new and wonderful is beginning.

Now... onto the oracle for today.

Lady De Los Muertos, Acceptance and Equality
The Halloween Oracle, by Stacey DeMarco

In a way, this card was a surprise and yet not so much. This lady is known also as Santisima Muerte, (Most Holy Death), Santa Muerte (Holy Death), and the Holy Queen, among other epithets. She is a blend of Catholic and older Mexican origins, coming to be more known when she appeared in the nineteenth century to a healer in Veracruz, or so the story goes. Since then, there have been, according to those who are dedicated to Her, many miracles. Her origins date back to pre-Spanish Mexico, but some claim She comes to us through the Yoruba tradition, Voudon, Santeria, and Palo Mayombe. Whatever Her origins, Her practitioners are generally not concerned with them, but more with Santa Muerte Herself and the gifts She brings into the devotee's life. 

Late last year, Santisima Muerte began to call to me. I began some studies, and here She is again. Another call? For me? For some of you?

This card's appearance continues the theme of releasing that which doesn't serve us. It also tells us that those issues in our lives which are based in fear need to be rethought. Death is inevitable, but we don't have to dwell on it - you'll go out of your mind. Instead, take a different approach, one based in the positive, and consider that all will be well. Fluffy? OK, maybe, but a little fluff really never does hurt, although too much may choke you! ; )

Taking a more positive approach, can assist us in changing what we want changed more easily, and keeps fear in its place. Exploring Santisima Muerte and the gifts and wisdom She can bestow, while certainly not everyone's cup of tea, is one example of learning to deal with death with acceptance. Bring death into its place in life, an equal partner, inevitable, and a next step. I think of it, or try to, as the new adventure after this one.

For me, this card is a call, one I won't ignore; for others... you will choose from what I've said here and your own contemplations. That being said, the card could just be a call from the Underworld, the Ancestors, Santa Muerte, Herself. It is the time of year when that happens. Sometimes it is just a simple hello and those passed saying, "we're here on the other side, but still with you, we're watching over you, remember us."

Blessings dark and deep!

   


No comments:

Post a Comment